2019 Class Schedule
- Spring: April 7, 14, 28 & May 5
- Summer I: June 23, 30 & July 14, 21
- Summer II: August 11, 18, 25 & September 8
- Fall: October 13, 20 & November 3, 10
- $270/birthing person + 1 support person
- Registration required (form below)
- My recommendation is to take this course and complete it before 32 weeks
Connected Childbirth Education Objectives
- Gather with other expecting parents and share your excitement and release your fears surrounding childbirth.
- Receive evidence-based information on all topics surrounding childbirth.
- Practice effective communication for prenatal care and labor and delivery.
- Learn comfort measures that keep the birthing person relaxed and comfortable.
- Understand the stages and phases of labor to understand what is “normal” in birth.
- Learn and practice how to achieve a state of complete relaxation for labor.
- Practice connecting the mind and body in pregnancy, labor and birth through visualizations and breathing techniques.
- Understand how to optimize space in the pelvis for fetal positioning.
- Review medical procedures relevant to labor/birth/postpartum.
- Start a successful breastfeeding journey with practice, knowledge and resources.
- Prepare resources and support for postpartum to allow for optimal bonding.
- Gain confidence about your birth and learn to trust your body!