Everyone deserves a pregnancy and birth that is full of support and guidance from a loving midwife. Imagine a world where every woman (and her partner) enters parenthood that involves autonomy, informed decision-making, and TRUST.
Home birth is a viable, safe option for those who are low-risk and healthy and are committed to doing the work to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Pregnancy is unique to each woman and baby and can certainly yield common discomforts. Our approach is to lend recommendations starting with the least invasive and most gentle approach including herbals, tinctures, bodywork, nutrition, and more. There is certainly a time and place for modern medicine and technology and is necessary at times.
Care starts with a discovery call where we will assess our energy and personalities to see if we are a good match and additionally a risk assessment for OOH care and birth.
Prenatal Care (office in Perkasie)
Initial Appointment (1 hour)
Prenatal Appointments (40 min)
– every 4 weeks until 28 weeks
– every 2 weeks until 36 weeks
– home visit at 36/37 weeks
– every 1 week until birth
Labs/Blood Draws (done in the office)
– initial appointment
– 28-week appointment (glucose screening)
Ultrasounds (referral provided)
– required for care for those who have a history of uterine surgery
– radiology location dependent on insurance coverage
Post Dates Testing (referral provided)
– recommended for those entering their 41st week of gestation
– 36-48 hrs post birth/metabolic screening
– 5 days post birth
– 2 weeks post birth/hearing screen (in office)
– 6 weeks post birth (1 hour/in office)
Still have questions? Check our FAQs for answers!