Everyone deserves a pregnancy and birth that is full of support and guidance from a loving midwife. Imagine a world where every woman (and her partner) enters parenthood that involves autonomy, informed decision-making, and TRUST.
Home birth is a viable, safe option for those who are low-risk and healthy and are committed to doing the work to maintain a healthy pregnancy.
Pregnancy is unique to each woman and baby and can certainly yield common discomforts. Our approach is to lend recommendations starting with the least invasive and most gentle approach including herbals, tinctures, bodywork, nutrition, and more. There is certainly a time and place for modern medicine and technology and is necessary at times.
The care model that is offered at Solace Birth Services, LLC involves care for the mother/baby unit from a two-midwife care team, an IBCLC lactation consultant for antenatal and postpartum support for successful breastfeeding, bodywork to optimize comfort in pregnancy and alignment to optimize a vaginal birth through chiropractic care from a Webster-certified practitioner, childbirth education specific for home birth, a newborn care specialist who can offer in-home care, and a hefty resource guide for more. Please note: traditional midwifery is not nurse-midwifery. We do not have prescriptive authority, affiliation or privileges to any hospital. Please be sure to understand the scope of traditional midwives vs. CNMs.
*each practitioner has their own service fee*
Care starts with a discovery call where we will assess our energy and personalities to see if we are a good match and additionally a risk assessment for OOH care and birth.
Prenatal Care (office in Perkasie)
Initial Appointment (1 hour)
Prenatal Appointments (40 min)
– every 4 weeks until 28 weeks
– every 2 weeks until 36 weeks
– home visit at 36/37 weeks
– every 1 week until birth
Labs/Blood Draws (done in the office)
– 10 -week initial appointment
– 28-week appointment (glucose screening)
Ultrasounds (referral provided)
– required for care for those who have a history of uterine surgery
Post Dates Testing (referral provided)
– recommended for those entering their 41st week of gestation
– offered at 37 weeks for those who are considered advanced maternal age
– 36-48 hrs post birth/metabolic screening
– 1 week post birth (in-home)
– 2 weeks post-birth check-in (virtual)
– 4 weeks post birth (in office)
– 6 weeks post birth (in office)
**Postpartum care can vary based on additional provider appt schedule**
Still have questions? Check our FAQs for answers!